The premiere date for Colin Salmon’s first EastEnders episode has been confirmed by the legendary actor.
The television legend will soon appear in the role of George Knight, the partner of Linda’s (Kellie Bright) mother Elaine (Harriet Thorpe).
In the past, when speaking about his new role, Colin said that he was “excited to explore the character of George, a true East End gentleman having been born in the East End myself.” George will be accompanied by his two daughters, Anna and Gina (Molly Rainford and Francesca Henry), who will also be arriving.
After Mick (Danny Dyer) vanished at Christmas, Elaine recently burst into the Queen Vic to declare herself the new co-owner, as we have already seen.
Nish (Navin Chowdhry), Suki (Balvinder Sopal), and Sharon (Letitia Dean), who all believed they had a chance of becoming Linda’s new business partner, experienced drama as a result.
After Elaine settles into her new life in Albert Square, George, Gina, and Anna won’t be far behind, as Colin recently tweeted that their debut episode will air on June 1.
June 1st🙏🏾 https://t.co/MK6lTT5fhr— Colin Salmon (@colinsalmon24) May 16, 2023
Show director Chris Clenshaw exulted, “The arrival of the Knights brings a new dawn to Albert Square.”
The charming outlaw and traditional gentleman George Knight adores his two daughters, Gina and Anna. When George joins his beloved Elaine, a formidable landlady who knows exactly how to have fun, he will move in to The Queen Vic.
The couple will also be joined by Gina, who is feisty, determined, and demanding. Gina is as cool and sharp as cut diamonds, but she also has a fiery temper. Gina’s younger sister Anna is fun, lovable, and big-hearted, but don’t underestimate her.
“George, Gina, and Anna have been connected for years, and moving to Walford will give the Knights the fresh start they need.”
- Emmerdale fans distracted by awkward blunder as Marlon Dingle has breakdown
- Coronation Street’s Carla and Sarah Barlow grow suspicious about Stephen’s actions
- Emmerdale’s Caleb Dingle in danger as he tries to put a stop to Corey’s dodgy dealings
- Emmerdale’s Amy Walsh pays tribute to ‘lovely’ co-star after ‘surreal’ reunion
- Emmerdale boss admits it’s ‘hard to say goodbye’ as they quit after 5 years
- EastEnders fans ‘work out’ Ian Beale is Christmas Day victim after spotting clue