Dev Alahan (Jimmi Harkishin) and Bernie Winter (Jane Hazlegrove) of Coronation Street have always struck viewers as a bit of an unusual couple, but they actually seem to get along very well.
Dev was one of the few people to stand up for Bernie after she was recently falsely convicted of robbery after her doppelganger, Fern (Gabrielle Glaister), set her up for the crimes she was actually committed. Dev promised to assist Bernie clear her name.
In light of this, it comes as a bit of a shock in following episodes when the shop owner becomes a little bit rude to his partner over golf.
Bernie recently filled in for Dev after his golf partner failed to show up, and she surprised everyone by excelling at the game. Bernie happily told Chesney (Sam Aston) that she had beaten Dev as Dev sulked. She was then overjoyed to receive a call from the women’s golf captain inviting her to participate in some upcoming tryouts.
She will continue to impress the ladies’ captain in later episodes to the point where she claims they will waive the membership cost and give her a scholarship to join.
Dev claims to be happy for her and makes an effort to appear happy, but he isn’t. He’s actually envious because golf has always been his passion, but Bernie’s skill has now completely surpassed him.
Tanisha Gorey’s character Asha tells her father that instead of being envious of Bernie’s abilities, he should be proud of them. Asha is unimpressed by her dad’s sulky behavior.
Will he follow her sage advise, or will his grumpy demeanor drive a wedge between him and Bernie?
- EastEnders heartache as Linda Carter makes upsetting discovery about Alife Moon
- Emmerdale’s Mackenzie Boyd finally exposed as fans ‘work out’ Moira betrayal
- Coronation Street fans ‘can’t stop crying’ as beloved dog killed off
- Coronation Street gets second awards snub in a month as Bafta shortlist is revealed
- Emmerdale’s Caleb Miligan is drawn into Nicky and Gabby’s secret
- Coronation Street’s Daisy ‘constantly’ let down by police as Justin plans horrific revenge