In the episode of Coronation Street airing on Wednesday, May 24, Paul Foreman (Peter Ash) began to experience issues with his foot’s mobility, another indication that his motor neurone disease is worsening.
The much-liked character still hasn’t informed his loved ones that he is passing away, and this evening, it had an impact on his sister’s forthcoming nuptials to Chesney (Sam Aston).
Paul was overjoyed when Gemma (Dolly-Rose Campbell) asked him to accompany her down the aisle. His good mood persisted as he and Dee-Dee (Channique Sterling-Brown) traveled to the hospital to discuss a potential MND treatment.
The nurse described the difficulties involved in undergoing the Tofersen treatment test, warning Paul that if he doesn’t possess a particular gene, he might not even be eligible for it.
Paul tried his hardest to hold onto optimism, but he understood that even if he was accepted, it would just help him cope with the sickness since there isn’t yet a treatment for MND.
When Paul arrived at the bar for Gemma and Chesney’s stag and hen parties, he was in a foul mood.
As soon as Gemma started playing Let’s Get Ready to Rhumble, Paul continued to drinking beer while sitting on a chair. Of course, he was unable to dance with Gemma because his foot wasn’t working properly.
Paul yelled at his sister, saying he’s sick to death of the wedding arrangements, after Gemma assumed that the reason he was hobbling outside was because he had consumed too much alcohol.
Gemma warned her twin that he wouldn’t be invited to the wedding if he didn’t care.
Will anyone be able to convince Paul to cancel his plans now that the event is only a few days away?
- Emmerdale fans distracted by awkward blunder as Marlon Dingle has breakdown
- Coronation Street’s Carla and Sarah Barlow grow suspicious about Stephen’s actions
- Emmerdale’s Caleb Dingle in danger as he tries to put a stop to Corey’s dodgy dealings
- Emmerdale’s Amy Walsh pays tribute to ‘lovely’ co-star after ‘surreal’ reunion
- Emmerdale boss admits it’s ‘hard to say goodbye’ as they quit after 5 years
- EastEnders fans ‘work out’ Ian Beale is Christmas Day victim after spotting clue