As Roy Cropper (David Neilson) has surgery after experiencing chest problems, he worries about his future in Coronation Street.
When Roy left Evelyn’s (Maureen Lipman) salsa session a few weeks back because he wasn’t feeling well, his breathing issues started.
This week, Roy’s issues continue, and after Evelyn calls for an ambulance while they are out for a walk with Freddie the dog, Roy winds up in the hospital.
Due to Roy’s mounting tension, he begins sleepwalking once more, which causes Freddie to sneak out of the café in the middle of the night through the front entrance.
Later, Roy makes the decision to inform Nina (Mollie Gallagher) of his surgery but forgets to inform her of the letters he has been writing.
He delivers them to Evelyn instead, telling her to only distribute them in the event that he is unable to.
Evelyn searches through the letters because she is curious and discovers one that is addressed to her.
In a desperate attempt to read what it says, she raises it up to the light.
Evelyn simply cannot resist perusing the letter as Roy’s procedure begins and is moved to learn how much she means to him.
However, Evelyn is surprised to discover Yasmeen (Shelley King) there when she arrives at the hospital.
Will Evelyn get the opportunity to be honest with Roy?
- Emmerdale fans distracted by awkward blunder as Marlon Dingle has breakdown
- Coronation Street’s Carla and Sarah Barlow grow suspicious about Stephen’s actions
- Emmerdale’s Caleb Dingle in danger as he tries to put a stop to Corey’s dodgy dealings
- Emmerdale’s Amy Walsh pays tribute to ‘lovely’ co-star after ‘surreal’ reunion
- Emmerdale boss admits it’s ‘hard to say goodbye’ as they quit after 5 years
- EastEnders fans ‘work out’ Ian Beale is Christmas Day victim after spotting clue