Wendi Peters recently talked about the potential return of Coronation Street, saying she’d like some “funny” scenes with Cilla Battersby-Brown and Evelyn Plummer. We’re all for it.
The actress, who portrayed Cilla on the ITV soap from 2003 to 2007, talked about what it would be like to take on the same iconic character after so many years.
She jokingly said, “I heard Chesney’s getting married, but I don’t think anyone has told his mother,” before disclosing what she would be interested in seeing if Cilla, who was last seen in 2014 during a brief visit, would make a comeback on the cobblestones.
The idea of Cilla meeting Evelyn and Bernie makes me laugh. The serial star praised Jane Hazlegrove and Maureen Lipman as being comedy geniuses and outstanding actors, respectively.
Though who knows, I can picture them having some hilarious comedy sequences around the wedding buffet.
I’m glad Cilla is occasionally mentioned because she had a significant impact, but I’m content with my position.
This week, Wendi will join the Doctors cast as Dr. Nina Bulsara, a newcomer.
Wendi spoke with Morning Live hosts Gethin Jones and Sam Quek about her new persona when it was revealed that she was moving to Letherbridge.
At the time, she declared, “I’m having a fantastic time.”
She was married to a consultant who passed tragically from a stroke, and she hails from a very well-to-do household. Dr. Nina is just determined to enter Letherbridge on a mission; she knows what she wants and maybe she will get it.
Consider us incredibly excited.
- EastEnders heartache as Linda Carter makes upsetting discovery about Alife Moon
- Emmerdale’s Mackenzie Boyd finally exposed as fans ‘work out’ Moira betrayal
- Coronation Street fans ‘can’t stop crying’ as beloved dog killed off
- Coronation Street gets second awards snub in a month as Bafta shortlist is revealed
- Emmerdale’s Caleb Miligan is drawn into Nicky and Gabby’s secret
- Coronation Street’s Daisy ‘constantly’ let down by police as Justin plans horrific revenge