Ben Mitchell of EastEnders has had a hard time accepting Lola Pearce’s end since it became clear that she wouldn’t live past her cancer diagnosis.
Future EastEnders scenes will continue Ben Mitchell’s (Max Bowden) denial of reality.
He may come to regret his decision to flee the situation, according to official BBC soap opera spoilers.
The information that Lola Pearce (Danielle Harold) doesn’t have much time left has broken Ben’s heart.
He believed that everyone had “given up” on Lola and was upset that she had chosen to leave the hospital and return to her home for her final days.
Ben attempts to flee the situation in yet-to-air scenes; will he be able to say his final goodbyes to Lola before she passes away?
In the meantime, the news has Billy Mitchell (Perry Fenwick) and Lola’s broken-hearted husband Jay Brown (Jamie Borthwick) in a rage.
When Ben decides to cut off all communication while traveling across the pond, Kathy demands that Callum, a police officer, use his resources to find him.
Ben’s family members are getting more and more concerned about the repercussions of Lola possibly passing away while Ben is halfway around the world.
Because of his frustration, Phil Mitchell (Steve McFadden) decides to travel to the United States and bring his son back to Walford.
Callum is given the task of searching the apartment by Kathy for signs of Ben’s whereabouts.
Later, Ben calls his husband, but Callum doesn’t tell him Lola is in danger of dying right away because Ben is boarding a plane.
If Ben isn’t present when Lola passes away, Callum fears that Ben will never be able to forgive himself.
Will he be able to return in time to be by Lola’s side during her last moments? If not, Ben might likely experience a downward spiral while attempting to deal with the regret.
EastEnders continues on Wednesday at 7.30pm on BBC One.
- Emmerdale fans distracted by awkward blunder as Marlon Dingle has breakdown
- Coronation Street’s Carla and Sarah Barlow grow suspicious about Stephen’s actions
- Emmerdale’s Caleb Dingle in danger as he tries to put a stop to Corey’s dodgy dealings
- Emmerdale’s Amy Walsh pays tribute to ‘lovely’ co-star after ‘surreal’ reunion
- Emmerdale boss admits it’s ‘hard to say goodbye’ as they quit after 5 years
- EastEnders fans ‘work out’ Ian Beale is Christmas Day victim after spotting clue