Ben Mitchell of EastEnders has been keeping his bulimia a secret from everyone, and his grief over Lola Pearce is only aggravating matters.
After her mother Lola Pearce’s (Danielle Harold) tragic death in EastEnders, Ben Mitchell (played by Max Bowden) promised Lexi Pearce (Isabella Brown) that he would be a better father to her.
But it looks like he will disappoint her once more in upcoming episodes.
Everyone assumes Ben is just being selfish because he won’t acknowledge or disclose his eating disorder, but they have no idea what he is going through.
Ben abandons Lexi due to his illness in yet-to-air scenes from the BBC soap opera.
Ben begins to think he won’t be able to be a father because of the family’s outrage.
Upcoming scenes feature Ben and Jay Brown (Jamie Borthwick) attempting to persuade a reclusive Lexi to go out to lunch.
Ben forbids the schoolgirl from speaking at Lola’s funeral because he thinks it will be too much for her.
Before Jay intervenes to mediate, Ben breaks down in the face of Lexi’s rage. Lexi is enraged.
Ben reveals that he has furnished Lexi’s bedroom, making it ready for her to move in, and they decide to discuss it further over lunch.
When Jay has to take a call and leaves, Ben is struggling with his bulimia at Walford East.
He begins to panic as soon as the restroom doors are closed, leaving Lexi by herself in the eatery.
When Lexi sees a mother and daughter together, she is horrified and flees into the Square.
She horrifies her great-grandfather Billy Mitchell (Perry Fenwick), who realizes that Ben abandoned her on her own.
Ben is sternly told by Billy that he must take responsibility for being the father that Lexi needs.
Ben reconsiders having Lexi live with him after the incident at Walford East, fearing he’ll be a bad father and feeling shaken up.
Will Ben’s family be able to help him once they realize he has an eating disorder?
- Emmerdale fans distracted by awkward blunder as Marlon Dingle has breakdown
- Coronation Street’s Carla and Sarah Barlow grow suspicious about Stephen’s actions
- Emmerdale’s Caleb Dingle in danger as he tries to put a stop to Corey’s dodgy dealings
- Emmerdale’s Amy Walsh pays tribute to ‘lovely’ co-star after ‘surreal’ reunion
- Emmerdale boss admits it’s ‘hard to say goodbye’ as they quit after 5 years
- EastEnders fans ‘work out’ Ian Beale is Christmas Day victim after spotting clue