As Cindy Beale made a comeback after being “dead” for the previous 25 years, EastEnders viewers were glued to the screen.
The Beales will undoubtedly be impacted by Cindy Beale’s (Michelle Collins) return, but she also has another family she abandoned: the Knights.
Rose, their wife and mother, abruptly abandoned them years ago, and the new Walford family thought Cindy was her.
Francesca Henry, who plays Gina Knight on EastEnders, has described how her erratic character will react to the startling news and hinted at a “self-destructive” path for her.
Francesca described Gina as someone who must shake off pain. She quickly burns through every emotion; she doesn’t hold onto anything for very long.
“Shame, suffering, joy, highs, and lows. She uses everything up very quickly.
Given that Francesca describes Gina’s destructive response, it’s possible that the character will use drastic measures to deal with the news.
The character may decide to suppress her emotions and rely on alcohol and denial because she has already established herself as a big party animal.
Will Gina be able to deal with the shocking news with the support of her father George Knight (Colin Salmon) and sister Anna Knight (Molly Rainford)?
The person who ultimately aids Gina through her ordeal may be Linda Carter (Kellie Bright), who now reluctantly resides with the Knights.
Linda is an alcoholic in recovery, so if she notices Gina using alcohol as a coping mechanism for her suffering, she might be able to offer some sage counsel to Gina.
Given that Cindy’s ex-husband George is getting married, Linda will likely need to help her mother Elaine Peacock (Harriet Thorpe) deal with the news as well.
- Emmerdale fans distracted by awkward blunder as Marlon Dingle has breakdown
- Coronation Street’s Carla and Sarah Barlow grow suspicious about Stephen’s actions
- Emmerdale’s Caleb Dingle in danger as he tries to put a stop to Corey’s dodgy dealings
- Emmerdale’s Amy Walsh pays tribute to ‘lovely’ co-star after ‘surreal’ reunion
- Emmerdale boss admits it’s ‘hard to say goodbye’ as they quit after 5 years
- EastEnders fans ‘work out’ Ian Beale is Christmas Day victim after spotting clue