Following an MRI scan that revealed her palliative treatment had failed, Lola Pearce (Danielle Harold) just learned the heartbreaking news that she only has weeks to live.
Sadly, Lola’s brain tumor had become more advanced.
Lola was discharged from the hospital so she could spend her final days receiving care at home, which made her feel more at ease.
Nurse Sonia Fowler (Natalie Cassidy), who understood that this would be a trying time for Lola and her family, provided Jay Brown (Jamie Borthwick) the contact information for the local vicar Reverend Mills (Melanie Kilburn).
Though first he wasn’t sure whether or not to call her, a conversation with Phil Mitchell (Steve McFadden) regarding Peggy Mitchell’s final days provided him the motivation to do so.
Later, Reverend Mills showed over and tried to help Lola make sense of her circumstances. Despite the fact that Lola acknowledged she didn’t feel as though she had much to be grateful for, she was open to hearing what the reverend had to say.
Reverend Mills shared her experience with losing her own companion and discussed how she found solace in the knowledge that Lola was surrounded by love and full of life when she passed away. She also acknowledged that Lola’s position must be terribly trying.
Reverend Mills assured Lola that she had nothing to worry as she indicated that she loved to think that there was an eternity or a heaven and that she saw death as the close of a chapter.
After their heartfelt conversation, Lola made a choice that she told Jay about.
She disclosed that she wished to be baptized so that she could one day reunite with her daughter Lexi (Isabella Brown).
- Emmerdale fans distracted by awkward blunder as Marlon Dingle has breakdown
- Coronation Street’s Carla and Sarah Barlow grow suspicious about Stephen’s actions
- Emmerdale’s Caleb Dingle in danger as he tries to put a stop to Corey’s dodgy dealings
- Emmerdale’s Amy Walsh pays tribute to ‘lovely’ co-star after ‘surreal’ reunion
- Emmerdale boss admits it’s ‘hard to say goodbye’ as they quit after 5 years
- EastEnders fans ‘work out’ Ian Beale is Christmas Day victim after spotting clue