Emmerdale fans are in a state of shock when Kelvin Fletcher announced he will be returning to the ITV series.
The actor who portrayed Andy Sugden left a comment on a social media post published by the official account of the long-running serial drama.
In the aforementioned Instagram post, Emmerdale teased several spoiler images as well as what viewers may expect from this week’s episodes.
In one of the images, Sam Dingle (James Hooton) and Will Taylor (Dean Andrews) are shown acting aggressively outside the Woolpack.
Will, who is wed to Kim Tate (Claire King), thinks Sam stole his pricey watch, and in later scenes, he gets violent.
Like most social media commenters, Kelvin wasn’t happy to see poor Sam being treated in such a cruel way, so he was quick to post a comment, threatening to go back to the hamlet named after him if Will doesn’t stop!
To the surprise of fans, the Strictly Come Dancing star tweeted, “If he touches Sam like that again, I’m coming back to sort it.”
One ecstatic viewer urged Kelvin to make a reappearance as The Dale, while another wrote, “It would be fantastic to have you again.”
The majority of Emmerdale viewers wanted Kelvin to return, while one said they would be content with a brief appearance.
Please return, even if only for a brief stay, they requested in their letter.
Following twenty years as Andy, Kelvin left Emmerdale in 2016. The 39-year-old later participated in and took home the title of Strictly Come Dancing’s 2019 season.
Together with Oti Mabuse, he astounded the crowd with a number of routines, but his Week 1 Samba, which he repeated in the final to win, was a special highlight.
- Emmerdale fans distracted by awkward blunder as Marlon Dingle has breakdown
- Coronation Street’s Carla and Sarah Barlow grow suspicious about Stephen’s actions
- Emmerdale’s Caleb Dingle in danger as he tries to put a stop to Corey’s dodgy dealings
- Emmerdale’s Amy Walsh pays tribute to ‘lovely’ co-star after ‘surreal’ reunion
- Emmerdale boss admits it’s ‘hard to say goodbye’ as they quit after 5 years
- EastEnders fans ‘work out’ Ian Beale is Christmas Day victim after spotting clue