In Emmerdale, Bernice Blackstock (Samantha Giles) could not contain her joy at having outbid her sister Nicola King (Nicola Wheeler) for the B&B.
The former salon manager and stylist had her sights set on taking over the Grange, which has been owned by Eric Pollard (Chris Chittell) for years, but Nicola, who devilishly entered the race earlier this week, presented a formidable challenge.
The two sisters engaged in battle, with Nicola appearing to prevail after she and Jimmy (Nick Miles) gave Eric the requested payment, whereas Bernice and her business partner Bob Hope (Tony Audenshaw) had not done so.
Eric, on the other hand, made the decision to give Bernice and Bob the chance to realize their goal by giving them a few more days to earn the money necessary to match Nicola and Jimmy’s offer.
The race was on as Bob tried to raise the money by selling almost everything he owned, with Bernice adding a few of Diane Sugden’s (Elizabeth Estensen) old possessions for good measure.
The two were only short by 600 pounds as they thought about their next course of action, but resentment was high when Nicola learned that Eric had given Bernice one day to raise the money. The two sisters then engaged in a fight, throwing food waste meant for the anaerobic digester all over one another!
After taking a shower, Bernice conceded defeat because she was unable to raise any additional funds to match her sister’s offer.
On what would have been their 22nd wedding anniversary, Bob had a plan and sold his and Viv’s (Deena Payne) wedding bands.
To Nicola’s chagrin, Bob and Bernice were announced as the new owners of the Grange when they successfully matched the asking price.
A new era for the B&B has begun, and we’re eager to see what it will involve with queen Bernice front and center, exactly where she belongs.
- Emmerdale fans distracted by awkward blunder as Marlon Dingle has breakdown
- Coronation Street’s Carla and Sarah Barlow grow suspicious about Stephen’s actions
- Emmerdale’s Caleb Dingle in danger as he tries to put a stop to Corey’s dodgy dealings
- Emmerdale’s Amy Walsh pays tribute to ‘lovely’ co-star after ‘surreal’ reunion
- Emmerdale boss admits it’s ‘hard to say goodbye’ as they quit after 5 years
- EastEnders fans ‘work out’ Ian Beale is Christmas Day victim after spotting clue