Vinny Dingle (Bradley Johnson) in Emmerdale will soon experience a very sad and poignant occasion: the day his adored wife Liv (Isobel Steele) would have turned 21.
The tragic storm that raged through the village in October of last year, unleashing death, destruction, and a rampage of killer cows, tragically claimed the life of Liv.
A caravan was blown across the road by the strong wind as Vinny and Liv traveled to the Woolpack to take care of Eve (Bella James) while Paddy (Dominic Brunt) went to be with hurt Chas (Lucy Pargeter) in the hospital. Vinny was able to escape, but Liv was pinned between a building and a caravan.
The lower half of her body had been completely crushed when paramedics arrived, leaving them helpless to save her. As she passed away, Vinny sat by her side as the couple exchanged some final loving words.
When Liv and Vinny eloped to get married in secret in February of last year, they had only been married for a few short months. They anticipated a long future together, but they soon discovered that they would have to contend with Liv’s evil mother Sandra (Joanne Mitchell) and her plot to separate them in order to gain access to Liv’s money.
Having seen off Sandra, the future was looking good – then disaster struck.
Vinny toasts Liv’s birthday while visibly feeling the occasion. Will he finally experience joy in 2023 after all the pain?
- Emmerdale fans distracted by awkward blunder as Marlon Dingle has breakdown
- Coronation Street’s Carla and Sarah Barlow grow suspicious about Stephen’s actions
- Emmerdale’s Caleb Dingle in danger as he tries to put a stop to Corey’s dodgy dealings
- Emmerdale’s Amy Walsh pays tribute to ‘lovely’ co-star after ‘surreal’ reunion
- Emmerdale boss admits it’s ‘hard to say goodbye’ as they quit after 5 years
- EastEnders fans ‘work out’ Ian Beale is Christmas Day victim after spotting clue