Vinny Dingle (Bradley Johnson) in Emmerdale will soon experience a very sad and poignant occasion: the day his adored wife Liv (Isobel Steele) would have turned 21.
The tragic storm that raged through the village in October of last year, unleashing death, destruction, and a rampage of killer cows, tragically claimed the life of Liv.
A caravan was blown across the road by the strong wind as Vinny and Liv traveled to the Woolpack to take care of Eve (Bella James) while Paddy (Dominic Brunt) went to be with hurt Chas (Lucy Pargeter) in the hospital. Vinny was able to escape, but Liv was pinned between a building and a caravan.
The lower half of her body had been completely crushed when paramedics arrived, leaving them helpless to save her. As she passed away, Vinny sat by her side as the couple exchanged some final loving words.
When Liv and Vinny eloped to get married in secret in February of last year, they had only been married for a few short months. They anticipated a long future together, but they soon discovered that they would have to contend with Liv’s evil mother Sandra (Joanne Mitchell) and her plot to separate them in order to gain access to Liv’s money.
Having seen off Sandra, the future was looking good – then disaster struck.
Vinny toasts Liv’s birthday while visibly feeling the occasion. Will he finally experience joy in 2023 after all the pain?
- EastEnders heartache as Linda Carter makes upsetting discovery about Alife Moon
- Emmerdale’s Mackenzie Boyd finally exposed as fans ‘work out’ Moira betrayal
- Coronation Street fans ‘can’t stop crying’ as beloved dog killed off
- Coronation Street gets second awards snub in a month as Bafta shortlist is revealed
- Emmerdale’s Caleb Miligan is drawn into Nicky and Gabby’s secret
- Coronation Street’s Daisy ‘constantly’ let down by police as Justin plans horrific revenge