At the British Soap Awards, Michelle Hardwick spoke with Metro.co.uk about her return to Emmerdale and said that she will return at some point this year.
When the actress who portrays Vanessa Woodfield left the ITV soap opera last year to have a baby, her character left the show’s namesake village to accept a fantastic new job opportunity in Canada.
Fans are eagerly anticipating the return of Vanessa, a beloved character, and Metro.co.uk is happy to report that Michelle has confirmed that Vanessa will indeed be making an appearance on Emmerdale in the future!
She exclaimed to us on the red carpet at the British Soap Awards, “I’m definitely going back!” I don’t have a specific date in mind, but I’ll return at some point in the future.
The good news.
Viewers are aware that Vanessa once shared a committed relationship with Charity Dingle (Emma Atkins), but that relationship ended when Mackenzie Boyd (Lawrence Robb) moved in.
After that, Charity began a relationship with Mack, whom she later married earlier this year. However, the marriage fell apart when it was revealed that Mack had a one-night stand with Chloe Harris (Jessie Elland).
Therefore, we are left to ponder whether there is a chance for Charity and Vanessa to get back together upon the latter’s return.
Never say never, I mean,” exclaimed Michelle.
“When I left, Suzy and Vanessa were together, but they broke up amicably, so who knows?” I can’t wait to find out what will happen!
Michelle, the mother of Teddy, 2, and wife of Emmerdale producer Kate Brooks, gave birth to a baby girl named Betty in November.
She exclaimed, “Life is really hectic at home!” But it’s also fantastic. I’m really enjoying it.
- Emmerdale fans distracted by awkward blunder as Marlon Dingle has breakdown
- Coronation Street’s Carla and Sarah Barlow grow suspicious about Stephen’s actions
- Emmerdale’s Caleb Dingle in danger as he tries to put a stop to Corey’s dodgy dealings
- Emmerdale’s Amy Walsh pays tribute to ‘lovely’ co-star after ‘surreal’ reunion
- Emmerdale boss admits it’s ‘hard to say goodbye’ as they quit after 5 years
- EastEnders fans ‘work out’ Ian Beale is Christmas Day victim after spotting clue