Jack P Shepherd has shared a tribute to two Coronation Street legends alongside co-star Julia Goulding. In a video posted to Instagram, the David and Shona Platt actors can be seen waiting outside a lift. As the doors close, classic Corrie characters Jack and Vera Duckworth can be seen kissing. ‘Icons.’ The caption read, followed by a duck emoji, in tribute to the famous Coronation Street ducks that hung on Jack and Vera’s walls. The video tribute was a hit with fans and Corrie stars alike, who were all quick to rush to the comments.
Star of the Abi Webster Sally Carman wrote, “Love this,” followed by a picture of a face with love hearts for eyes.
Andy Whyment, who plays Kirk Sutherland, referred to them as “legends.”
While Tina O’Brien, who plays Sarah Platt, left a string of flame and heart eyes emojis, Jane Danson, who plays Leanne Battersby, commented “Omg.”
One viewer who watched Classic Corrie commented on how much she liked the film, adding, “You can’t beat Jack and Vee legends.”
One more said, “OMG I love this!! You two are the future Jack & Vera, as I’ve said before!
Despite their ongoing arguments and the occasional infidelity, Bill Tarmey and Liz Dawn’s characters Jack and Vera on the television show Corrie are among the most recognizable couples ever.
Jack lived for two more years after Vera passed away in 2008, during which time he received a non-Hodgkin lymphoma diagnosis.
Vera, the love of his life, appeared in his final appearance as a vision, saying goodbye to the couple in a memorable moment.
- Emmerdale fans distracted by awkward blunder as Marlon Dingle has breakdown
- Coronation Street’s Carla and Sarah Barlow grow suspicious about Stephen’s actions
- Emmerdale’s Caleb Dingle in danger as he tries to put a stop to Corey’s dodgy dealings
- Emmerdale’s Amy Walsh pays tribute to ‘lovely’ co-star after ‘surreal’ reunion
- Emmerdale boss admits it’s ‘hard to say goodbye’ as they quit after 5 years
- EastEnders fans ‘work out’ Ian Beale is Christmas Day victim after spotting clue