In advance of her temporary leave, Coronation Street actress and acting veteran Maureen Lipman talked openly about her demanding schedule for the ITV serial.
When Rose premieres in the West End, the actress who plays Evelyn Plummer in the show will quit her current role.
Fear not; after performing the principal part, Maureen will return to the cobbles to continue playing Evelyn.
Maureen stated recently that the filming was so difficult, she was on the floor by the end of the day! Maureen has been managing dramatic storylines for Evelyn while also juggling her rehearsals.
During Friday’s (May 12) episode of Loose Women, the actress remarked, “They’ve really put me through it the last few weeks.”
I was given seven scenes to memorize each day. I really fell to the ground after the final shot last night and exclaimed, “I can’t go on!”
Maureen made a joke after seeing a picture of herself lying on the ground: “That is me at the end of yesterday, and now I’m here sparkling!”
Evelyn recently took part in some heartbreaking moments in Corrie where she had to bid farewell to her cherished dog, Cerberus.
Even though Evelyn informed Ty that his birth mother had passed away, Cassie (Claire Sweeney), Tyrone’s (Alan Halsall) biological mother, will soon come, forcing Evelyn to face mysteries from her past.
- Emmerdale fans distracted by awkward blunder as Marlon Dingle has breakdown
- Coronation Street’s Carla and Sarah Barlow grow suspicious about Stephen’s actions
- Emmerdale’s Caleb Dingle in danger as he tries to put a stop to Corey’s dodgy dealings
- Emmerdale’s Amy Walsh pays tribute to ‘lovely’ co-star after ‘surreal’ reunion
- Emmerdale boss admits it’s ‘hard to say goodbye’ as they quit after 5 years
- EastEnders fans ‘work out’ Ian Beale is Christmas Day victim after spotting clue